Latest stories on Socially Responsible Investments
With borrowers universally ahead of schedule in their funding programmes but investors hungry for more supply, attention is turning to the market for socially responsible investments. Three agencies hit screens to sell SRI bonds this week, while a fourth is on the road marketing another.
Export Development Canada breezed through its first green bond issue of the year on Wednesday, building a book nearly twice subscribed and tightening 2bp from initial price thoughts.
A pair of agencies launched socially responsible investment deals in euros on Tuesday, while a third picked banks for a dollar trade.
Trading levels given are bid-side spreads versus mid-swaps and/or an underlying benchmark as of Thursday's close. The source for secondary trading levels is Interactive Data.
Four Taiwanese banks have sold green bonds, reopening the island nation’s market after a debut deal in 2014.
The Luxembourg Stock Exchange (Lux SE) has opened a dedicated window for social and sustainable bonds as a subset of its green exchange.
KfW has raised the threshold of sustainability it requires as an investor, as part of a growing trend for bond buyers to focus on the impact of their investments.
The European Investment Bank is set to take a novel approach to green bond issuance, after mandating for a dual tranche dollar deal — of which only one leg is a Climate Awareness Bond. Like Kommuninvest, which printed a four year dollar green bond on Tuesday, the supranational may have to contend with volatile dollar swap spreads.
KfW has raised the threshold of sustainability it requires as an investor, the latest in a growing trend for bond buyers to focus on the impact of their investments.
The SRI bond pipeline for public sector borrowers looks fit to burst, with a string of issuers planning deals and KfW setting a marker with a thumping trade this week.
Nederlandse Waterschapsbank will add a new item to SRI investors’ menu, after mandating banks on Wednesday to run a roadshow for a debut affordable housing bond.
KfW has sold the largest ever new green bond issue from a supranational or European agency, printing flat to its curve with a green deal for the first time and drawing a remarkably high level of Asian investor interest for a euro trade. More SRI issuance is on the way, after Dutch agency FMO announced a sustainability bond roadshow.
Spain’s Repsol brought the first ever green bond from an oil major to the market on Tuesday, leaving green investors to pick through the morals of financing a sector that environmentally responsible finance was created to help mitigate.
KfW is set to bring its first green bond in euros in nearly a year, with the deal coming amid a flurry of conventional trades in the currency. KommuneKredit is also in the SRI pipeline, after running a roadshow to introduce its green bond framework.
Brazilian government-owned development bank BNDES sold a long-awaited green bond on Tuesday, with a combination of scarcity value and SRI investor support ensuring tight pricing.
NEW: SRI special reportOctober 2015
Articles in this report...
- Bending the curve: can the Paris summit slow climate change?
- Fixed income: is responsible investing becoming the norm?
- Local governments take steps into green universe
- Will someone tell me what’s really green?
- Reporting — the new must-have accessory for SRI bonds
- Green bonds and growing pains
- Social bonds busy making more friends
- Corporate and FIG issuers take the green bond baton
- Asia’s green bond market ready to pop as China, India sign up
- Hopes high for future of Asian SRI
- Latin America finding its own way to rise to the SRI challenge
- Bond volumes off target but optimism shines through
- Green indices reach new heights and take market with them
- The changing investor base’s diversity of needs
- Banks and CSR: Put your money where your mouth is
- SRI sectors in focus: Evolution of green bonds
- SRI sectors in focus: Energy Efficiency
- SRI sectors in focus: Forestry
- SRI sectors in focus: Housing and buildings
- SRI sectors in focus: Renewable energy
- SRI sectors in focus: Transportation
- SRI sectors in focus: Water Governance
- SRI sectors in focus: Water Purification
SRI 2014 report
Articles in this report...
- The last chance saloon
- What is a green bond? And who should decide?
- Bond investors get serious on ESG — and issuers respond
- Green bonds hit the big time
- SSAs take pioneering spirit to new frontiers
- Public sector borrowers define the environment — and beyond
- Bold munis make long green strides, but most are far behind
- SRI bonds — forerunners of the new green generation
- Economic powerhouse could one day lead in ethical issuance
- Projects and pricing: issuers and investors debate the future of Asian SRI
- Corporates take up the green bond baton
- Companies, banks highlight hidden value, prepare green bonds for climate mission
- Have we reached the tipping point?
Promoted By Deloitte & IDA Ireland
Promoted By Euromoney Country Risk
Want full access to GlobalCapital?
If you are new to GlobalCapital or you already subscribe to some of our channels you can still easily extend your access.
Take a trial to the entire site or subscribe online to see all our capital markets news, opinion and data sets.
Don't miss out!Free trial
Read the magazine on your mobile device