BondWeek is the leading news publication for fixed-income professionals, covering new deals, structures, asset-backed securities, industry and market activity.
BW asked respondents to come up with the sales pro they would most like to be on one of those customer friendly, business-light long weekends that Wall Street sales pros have been known to engage in from time-to-time. Several of the responses follow below.
* "With all due respect to my sales coverage, I'll abstain and say simply that they are all nice."
* "John Altieri of UBS Securities. Sitting around drinking martinis with a guy who looks exactly like Baretta is cool."
* "Leo Nolan of Bear Stearns. He's just simply one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet."
* "Wes Pritchett of Bear Stearns. 1. He's a former NFL football player who can talk about any and all sports, 2. He's a party animal and the life of any party, 3. He's a scratch golfer, 4. He lives like a rock star."
* "My wife got tired of me going on these things. Bottom line: dinner's fine still with my coverage, golfing in Ireland over the weekend isn't."