Maturing corporate bonds to outstrip loan refi needs

Investment grade corporate borrowers have more bond debt than loan facilities to refinance before the end of 2014, according to a new report by Moody’s. Of the $1tr of European corporate debt due to mature in the next four years, 63% consists of bond debt, leaving just 37% as bank debt.

  • 29 Oct 2010
While investment grade borrowers have $114bn and $119bn of loans to refinance in 2011 and 2012 respectively, their refinancing needs fall to $90bn and $59bn in 2013 and 2014. In contrast, the amount of bond maturities that will need to be refinanced increase annually to $206bn in 2014, ...

Please take a trial or subscribe to access this content.

Contact our subscriptions team to discuss your access: subs@globalcapital.com

Corporate access

To discuss GlobalCapital access for your entire department or company please contact our subscriptions sales team at: subs@globalcapital.com or find out more online here.

GlobalCapital European securitization league table

Rank Lead Manager/Arranger Total Volume $m No. of Deals Share % by Volume
1 Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML) 3,319 10 12.84
2 Citi 2,562 6 9.92
3 Goldman Sachs 2,150 3 8.32
4 Credit Suisse 1,822 6 7.05
5 Societe Generale 1,814 4 7.02

Bookrunners of Global Structured Finance

Rank Lead Manager Amount $m No of issues Share %
  • Last updated
  • 22 May 2017
1 Citi 41,255.30 117 12.99%
2 Bank of America Merrill Lynch 37,631.92 109 11.85%
3 Wells Fargo Securities 32,082.26 89 10.11%
4 JPMorgan 20,969.41 64 6.60%
5 Credit Suisse 16,754.47 44 5.28%