Kion turns to KfW for heavy lifting on loan

forklift_fotolia_230x150.
By Mike Turner
04 Jun 2020

Kion, the German crossover-rated forklift truck maker, has signed a €1bn crisis funding facility, becoming the latest company to turn to KfW’s loan scheme to get through the coronavirus pandemic.

Kion, rated BB+/BBB-, signed the deal to sit alongside its existing credit facilities. KfW is providing 80% of the financing, while commercial banks are picking up the remaining 20%.

The facility will be a “bridging measure that can be used as needed during the current exceptional circumstances,” the borrower ...

Already a subscriber?

Continue reading this article

Try full access to GlobalCapital

Free trial