The following is a list of prominent personnel moves from around the U.S. and European markets. To submit an item for inclusion in this column, please contactScott Goodwin, managing editor, at 212-224-3276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Stephen Gallagher has moved to Wachovia Securities as managing director and co-head of investment-grade credit trading. Gallagher will be in charge of the global cash trading business, including high-grade corporate, private placement and preferred securities. Previously, Gallagher was head of high-grade trading at Banc of America Securities.
* Andrew Woolford and Neil Wessan have joined Jefferies & Co. as managing directors and co-heads of the private placement group in the firm's high yield department. They previously worked at CIBC World Markets. They are charged with structuring and distributing private debt securities and bank loans.
* Ralph Boyd, formerly a senior partner at Alston & Bird, has been named general counsel and regulatory head at Freddie Mac. His appointment follows the recent resignation of its chief lobbyist, R. Mitchell Delk.
* Ken Bradt, the former head of the asset securitization group at DZ Bank, has left the firm. Richard Wisniewski, v.p. and senior originator, is taking over as head of the group. He has been with the bank since 1999. New to the firm is Rod Hutter, who is also a v.p. and senior originator. He previously was a director in the structured credit solutions group at Merrill Lynch.
* Jay Meaney recently started at Cantor Fitzgerald as v.p on the agency trading desk. He reports to Steve Bischoff, managing director in fixed-income trading. Meaney previously worked at CIBC World Markets.