Rabot 1745 with Lee Kranefuss, executive in residence, Warburg Pincus
Mildly discombobulating evenings down in Borough, occasionally involving the liquid assets of The Market Porter, are not unknown. But walking into Rabot 1745 was a true assault on the senses. On the ground floor of an impressively refurbished building, close to the moved railway linking London Bridge and Blackfriars, there sits a fully operational chocolate factory. A machine called a conche, first invented by Rodolphe Lindt, was turning roasted cocoa nibs into chocolate for the shop and restaurant.