Santander sees 2% euro take-up on capital buyback, sterling and dollars fare better

A majority of investors appeared to rebuff Santander’s invitation to tender their euro securities, the results of its buyback showed this week. Take-up on the sterling and dollar securities being targeted was a little better.

  • 15 Mar 2013

The Spanish national champion purchased just 2% of the total outstanding euro-denominated securities it was targeting, as well as nearly 8% of the sterling and just over 10% of the dollar notes eligible for tender.

The bank targeted 14 series of lower tier two notes in sterling and euros, ...

Please take a trial or subscribe to access this content.

Contact our subscriptions team to discuss your access: subs@globalcapital.com

Corporate access

To discuss GlobalCapital access for your entire department or company please contact our subscriptions sales team at: subs@globalcapital.com or find out more online here.

Bookrunners of Global Covered Bonds

Rank Lead Manager Amount $m No of issues Share %
  • Last updated
  • Today
1 HSBC 12,539.55 69 5.33%
2 UniCredit 11,957.19 82 5.08%
3 UBS 10,837.07 59 4.61%
4 LBBW 10,773.61 70 4.58%
5 Natixis 10,629.41 59 4.52%

Bookrunners of Global FIG

Rank Lead Manager Amount $m No of issues Share %
  • Last updated
  • Today
1 JPMorgan 78,014.43 337 6.02%
2 Citi 77,214.69 400 5.96%
3 Bank of America Merrill Lynch 76,404.26 306 5.89%
4 Goldman Sachs 70,389.57 603 5.43%
5 Morgan Stanley 66,720.45 378 5.15%

Bookrunners of Dollar Denominated FIG

Rank Lead Manager Amount $m No of issues Share %
  • Last updated
  • Today
1 JPMorgan 64,153.09 237 10.48%
2 Bank of America Merrill Lynch 64,053.06 256 10.47%
3 Citi 60,258.63 298 9.85%
4 Goldman Sachs 53,704.18 534 8.78%
5 Morgan Stanley 51,720.52 293 8.45%

Bookrunners of Euro Denominated Covered Bond Above €500m

Rank Lead Manager Amount $m No of issues Share %
  • Last updated
  • Today
1 Natixis 7,713.92 29 6.88%
2 Deutsche Bank 6,252.08 21 5.57%
3 Credit Agricole CIB 6,198.22 24 5.53%
4 LBBW 6,082.16 26 5.42%
5 UniCredit 6,041.97 24 5.39%

Global FIG Revenue

Rank Lead Manager Amount $m No of issues Share %
  • Last updated
  • 02 May 2016
1 Morgan Stanley 365.83 497 7.62%
2 JPMorgan 332.66 618 6.92%
3 Bank of America Merrill Lynch 299.89 590 6.24%
4 Goldman Sachs 276.71 375 5.76%
5 Citi 264.54 592 5.51%

Bookrunners of European Subordinated FIG

Rank Lead Manager Amount €m No of issues Share %
  • Last updated
  • Today
1 HSBC 7,584.11 21 12.72%
2 Barclays 4,776.16 18 8.01%
3 Credit Suisse 4,518.72 16 7.58%
4 BNP Paribas 4,247.72 20 7.12%
5 UBS 3,877.49 18 6.50%